513FIT is reopening and in June and July, classes are 25% off!
With the new guidelines and a wide range of what people feel comfortable with, it makes the most sense to take things outside.
So that’s what we’re doing, starting June 1 and continuing until things settle down.
- It’s easier to maintain spacing for group workouts
- Everyone gets (or brings) their own equipment rather than sharing
- UV light kills viruses
- Being in the open air takes care of any worries about filtration or recirculation.
What you’ll need:
- A yoga mat or large towel
- I’m able to provide weights, but there might not be enough for everyone because each person is getting their own weight or set of them for the entire class. (They’ll be sanitized before and after). If you have weights, feel free to bring them. I just bought a sand bag from Rogue (weights will be hard to come by for a while), so that gives me a single implement that can be adjusted from light to heavy and works with all the movements we typically do in class. If you order one, be sure to get the filler bags to go inside of it.
- A water bottle
How will we train?
We’ll stick with a similar format to what we’d been doing, but instead of following each other from one station to another, we’ll be staying in one spot with one weight or set of weights per person.
We’ll still get through two different circuits for a total of 30 minutes of work, plus warm up and cool down.
A circuit will generally look something like this.
50 seconds work / 25 seconds rest x 3 rounds (15 minutes)
- Squat variation
- Row or curl
- Dive bomber push ups
- Abs or mobility
We do have a fair bit of room, so there’s a good chance that we can throw in some sprints.
Why not go inside?
The dojo is following a strict set of guidelines that I want to respect and because of various considerations, it just makes more sense to train outside until the state recommendations are relaxed.
6:30 am and 8:00 am Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
The side area of the dojo near the park. The Montessori side, not the mural/event center side. 6620 Montgomery Road, Cincinnati OH 45213.
What if it rains?
There will be a workout posted online so that way we don’t have to miss any training. (Also a good reason to make sure that you’ve got your own weights)
So, if you’re ready to get moving again, contact me about securing a spot!